Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Protest song research assignment

1. This song talks about the vietnam war, saying give peace a chance. It became the war- peace anthem or whatever. It was popular in the 70's.

2. No I don't think this song is effective because all he says is give peace a chance then he does some cheezy rhyme then says give peace a chance again. It is boring and repetitive. I don't know why this song is popular maybe because John Lennon is popular THAT IS WHY. I bet no one likes this song the only people who liked it are hippie Lennon fans or people who wants peace. It is not even effective because, again all he says is "give peace a chance", okay we get it but give us a legit reason don't put in nursery rhymes.

3.This was a serious issue in the past because of nam. It's not around today it ended like 30-40 years ago. It's not getting better its getting worse because of the iraq war.

4. I picked this song because i couldnt find any. I had to go to wikipedia and had to put int he search engine "protest song" and it showed John Lennon so I was like why not. I honestly don't like it, it's too short and simple.

5. I think it would be a good thing if an artist uses his power to shine light on an issue it depends on how he does it. A bad example would be John Lennon because the lyrics are terrible. A good example would be WAR by Edwin Starr "WAR WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" nowwwww that's a good catchy song and a good exmaple of a good protest song. I was about to choose this song over "give peace a chance" but I forgot about it until now as im typing this paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment